When I finally clambered onto bed, exhausted, puffy-eyed and pale-faced at around 2.30am last night after a whole night of studying Sejarah, everything was still, so quiet.
My house was bathed in darkness,
Dad somehow wasn't listening to his late night Lite&Easy.fm,
Everyone in my household was fast asleep.
My dog was walking around the garden,
I could hear the tinkling sound of his dog license hung on his collar.
Come to think of it, my neighbours' dogs weren't barking at all.
And that's saying a lot, as my whole neighbourhood is filled with pet dogs.
For example the house opposite mine, last time I heard, the owner had 5 dogs and 3 puppies
Insane I tell you.
But back to the story.
Everything was in silence,
I could even hear my room clock ticking away on the wall.
It ticks, every second, and every second means a second of my precious beauty sleep gone.
My buddies were all fast asleep
Even the boy was already asleep.
I felt like I was the only one who was awake in the midst of the darkness,
as everything around me seemed so quiet.
No cars zoomed past or whatsoever.
My mind was buzzing with all the Sejarah facts I had crammed into my brain,
Which I can feel are flying out one by one now, replaced by Bio facts o.O
Leaning against the wall on my queen-sized bed, I sat and looked around.
My wall was plastered with photos - memories of the past which still lie in the dusty corners of my mind
The smiles, laughter, joy and happiness all captured in photos and remain etched there forever.
Photos of friends who have already walked out of my life, but nevertheless left footprints in my heart.
The drawing of an eagle has been stuck almost permanently to the wall,
Something which I used to immerse myself in when I was bored.
My sewing project is placed justbeside the drawing
Memories of my primary school life and the teachers whom I loved.
Various memorabilia litter my room.
Amongst the photos, there are also greeting cards warmly given by friends, tickets to various events.
Signatures gotten from Jaclyn Victor, Vincent Chong and Juwita Suwito in the Christmas Concert a year ago,
Rock The World 6 Tickets in December 2005,
Tickets to the Good Charlotte concert in April,
Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra tickets
And not forgetting numerous tickets to various Interact Clubs/Leo Clubs IU Days.
Hung behind my room door, a few caps and my very much treasured Interact black tie which is now completely covered in tiepins obtained from all around Malaysia and even the Philippines.
At a corner of my room sit the two guitars, the violin, and my "mini library".
Pieces of paper scribbled with words of motivation were spellotaped on the wall too
Not forgetting the glow-in-the-dark galaxy of stars and planets which take me to Dreamland every night.
I remembered how angry I got when my sis purchased a radio and blared the music so loud everyday.
But it was this faithful radio which got me to enjoy the beauty of music.
I remembered how my mum used to think of enjoying activities for my sis and I,
She taught us to make a jewellery box for ourselves.
My jewellery box, glued with pink cloth and a ribbon which turned out alright, has been in use for years now.
My mum's creativity and efforts to strengthen our family bond are just so heartwarming at times.
I remember when my dad brought the family to Sunway Lagoon.
I was seven back then, and Sunway Lagoon was very developed yet.
I remember screaming my lungs out when I saw a few walking human robots
Who were merely there to entertain visitors.
I thought of Darth Vader from Star Wars, and I never really liked Star Wars in the first place as I was somehow terrified of the characters in the movie
I ran screaming to my dad,
he scooped me up in his arms and laughed.
As the human robots approached, two of them, male and female
I struggled in my dad's arms and stared at them in extreme fright
That priceless expression was caught on camera.
That photo is now part of my personal photo album.
Burying my soul in these simple pleasures of life, which shape my childhood up to adolescence,
I suddenly felt an overwhelming surge of appreciation washing through me.
Life is indeed beautiful. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment