I've got so many great people around me brightening up my every day, and I am grateful :)
I also wanna give thanks to God for my T6 marks.. They were beyond what I had expected.
What did I ever do to deserve all these good things in my life?
Sis is back from her 5-week expedition in Sabah, and she climbed Mount Kinabalu as well! Damn that girl, it was my idea T.T We were supposed to go climb together T.T
Nevermind, I shall climb Mount Kinabalu soon enough! Who's game for it?
She'll be leaving to further her studies at the London School of Economics at the end of this month :(
It kinda makes me feel slightly bitter to know that I'll be stuck in Malaysia for the whole three years of my education, when I could have been broadening my perspectives had I managed to get hold of the damn scholarships that I had applied for.. But oh wells, one can't have everything in life.
Had I gone ahead with the scholarship, I wouldn't have met such awesome people!
I've now reached quite a tough part of growing up, furthering my studies away from my family in the busiest city of the country, coming to a college where none of my close high school friends were, signing up for the toughest course that anyone could ever put herself through. All for a better future :)
I barely knew ANY of the roads when I first came to study here but as time progressed, KL became more and more like home to me. What seemed like alien roads initially, became all too familiar to me. I started to learn the shortcuts to get to my destination, plan my schedule for the day to avoid the dreaded traffic jams, learn the routes of the buses in order to save money, know the best places to have my meals.
Life is great here mostly because of the friends that I've gained, though it's always nice to go back to Kuantan for a relaxing retreat every now and then :)
I can say that I am one adventurous girl. I'm all for trying anything for the sake of gaining invaluable experience; some of my many crazy ideas are to visit the prison someday to experience what the prisoners feel and how they behave in their cells, and also to visit a drug rehabilitation centre.
I want to visit places of suffering and sorrow, as I know I will walk out feeling more enlightened, aware and grateful for what I'm enjoying in life.
The weather has gone real cuckoo lately, raining every single day at the weirdest hours.
As I was taking the bus back home from college today, I observed the people around me.
It was pouring at that time.
I saw people offering to share their umbrellas with total strangers,
I saw people giving money to beggars on the overhead bridge,
I saw people giving way to an elderly woman who wanted to board the bus.
I myself paid the bus fare for a young man once, as he did not have small change and the bus driver refused to allow him on board. He looked so helpless.
Today, I gave two of the cabs that I had managed to hail to two other people who looked like they needed it more than me; one a pregnant woman who had a large plastic bag of groceries in one hand, the second an elderly man who was ever so kind as to ask me if I was alright as I was drenched from head to toe from walking under the rain.
Sometimes little gestures of kindness like these make the world go round.
It's just that we are all too caught up with our own hectic lives till we forget to appreciate what is really important.
How many people these days would actually take some time off their hectic lives to appreciate the beauty of the sunset as in the picture shown above?
Whatever it is,
here is when I run out of inspiration and so I shall end the post with....
.... I love my hair :) It's not that I'm saying it looks fabulous or what, I just sayang it somehow.Life is GOOD!
Goodnight.
P/S: Caren! Happy????? :p




No comments:
Post a Comment