Saturday, September 13, 2008

The days feel like years.

Today's the mooncake festival.
Everyone seems to be so hyped up about it, but I do not feel anything nor feel the excitement of celebrating it. It is just another ordinary day for me.
For the first time ever, I'm experiencing the festival in KL, away from my family and Kuantan friends.
Back in Kuantan at this time of the year, the beach would be hell packed with people and jammed with cars. Every year without fail, the sight at the beach would be a sight to behold; the whole stretch would be completely filled with people having a good time with lanterns and candles.
I remember last year, I brought Azfar to the beach during the mooncake festival. He has been staying in Kuantan ever since he was born, and that was the first time he had seen the beach during the mooncake festival. It might be a common sight for people hailing from Kuantan, but to people who have never experienced it, the sight would take your breath away.

This year, mooncake festival would be a different one for me.
The days of playing with lanterns and candles with my friends seem so far away.
I feel as though I'm living the life of a robot; only thing is, I have FEELINGS.
Why can't I be feeling-less?
No human can feel happiness, sorrow, hurt, anger, pressure, contempt, helplessness, all at the same time. It is just not possible, it is almost inhuman. But it is happening.

Amidst all this, happy and carefree moments in class are what keeps me going.














What is hidden beneath those smiles..?


It's been raining for days now,
Now I'm drowning in the flood..

No comments: