Kerryn, Karlisyle, Anna, June, Lisa, Yeh Hee, Caroline, Joanne
You guys really made my day. :D
Sometimes I feel this sudden rush of gratitude towards the people who brighten up my every day, the people who understand me and who care for me.
And for that, I just have to include my two college besties Caren and Ying Ling as well. :D
I have such amazing people around me, and I'm beyond thankful for that.
To everyone who bothered to drop a message, by SMS or in the Chatbox and who bothered to call to ask me how I am,
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
The concern from all of you really means a lot to me. *teary-eyed*
It's not easy to accept the situation when you have had the dog since you were 7, when he was just a few weeks old.
I grew up with him, watched him transform from a tiny vulnerable puppy to a big, aggressive yet playful one. He was the first dog that I've ever owned, the only pet that I truly cared for as compared to the hamsters, fish and rabbit that I have owned.
The worst thing about the whole situation is the injustice of it all.
He didn't know he was doing anything wrong by wandering around outside the house at night, and for that he paid with his life.
Whenever he is out of the house, one of my family members would leave the gate open for him to run in whenever he feels like it.
It so happened that night, they forgot to leave the gate open. There was nowhere for him to run to when the dog-catchers came to the neighbourhood.
The officers never gave my family a chance to collect him from the dog pound. He was given an injection and left to die with the other dogs within hours after catching him.
Where is the justice?
Aren't they supposed to keep the dogs in the pound for a reasonable time period so that their owners have time to collect them?
My family got there as fast as they could, and they were told that no one was working during that day. My sis went again on the next available day, and was told that apparently there WAS someone working at that time, and that the dogs have all been put to sleep the previous night.
It's unfair, it's plain cruelty.
It kills to keep asking yourself whether they treated him right, whether he was given enough food, whether he was thinking that no one cared enough to rescue him from the dog pound....
It will take time to get over this, but I will try.
Tomorrow will be a busy day for me, having a 4-hour class and sending my sis off to London to further her studies in LSE.
I'm gonna miss her :(
As for Lucky, there is nothing I can do to bring him back, though I spent a few nights lying awake in the darkness of my room thinking of the cruelty and injustice of it all.
Sigh, LIFE. That's how it is, and we gotta deal with it in one way or another.
No comments:
Post a Comment