Wednesday, May 9, 2007

C-A-M-P !!!

I went for a "Kem Kepimpinan dan Motivasi" dunno what camp last month, 13-15 April.
That camp was for all the club leaders to participate in. I represented Interact Club la. Obviously.

The camp was held last month.... And I only got the damn photos from Yee Yin today.
Heheee =D. Been procrastinating like hell ny. MUST STOP THAT HABIT LA aih.

Alright... camp! Don't remember much bout it, the only thing I remember was the freaking nightwalk thing. (A typical activity that's held in EVERY freaking camp. Seriously!)
And bloody many ceramah's. In which 70% of the participants were sleeping lol.


Was supposed to be three dudes sleeping in a row. From left: Jeshua, Dave, Lum.
But right before I snapped that pic hor, that Lum suddenly woke up. Lol. Ruined the 3-in-a-row photo ny.

And oh yeah. I don't remember how many ceramah's there were, but I know in every single one of them, I repeat EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, Jeshua could be seen sleeping, or MP3-ing. =p


Anna with the Mickey cap and Nicole with her Levi's cap.
I'M IN LOVE WITH HER LEVI'S CAP omgomgomg
Okay. Anyway. And me sesat'ed behind there. =)
Also during ceramah time la.. See the gal tiny tiny behind there also sleeping. Lol!

The camp was held somewhere called KEM BESTARI (very bestari meh?) which is a place right smack in the middle of nowhere. In Kuala Rompin.

We weren't allowed to bring handphones, MP3's, and even our WATCHES.
Of course, there are the occasional rule-breakers lah, who managed to smuggle in their phones and MP3's somehow.

So during those three days, we were all cut off from civilisation. In the middle of nowhere. Wanna escape also cannot. Hutan hutan everywhere ny..

It took us an extremely long bus trip of 3 hours and a half from Kuantan to that sesat'ed in the middle of nowhere place, in which we sang Westlife songs over and over again at the top of our lungs. Damn old school. Reminded me of the old days aih (I sound like an old woman!!)

Actually, only Yee Yin and I sang lah. The rest were sleeping or just plain chatting.
What to do, her MP3 only has like 40% English songs and 60% Japanese songs.
Takkan I sing along to Japanese songs right?

Upon arrival!!!
Nicole, Anna and the others (including me) spotted a very nice lepak place~ It was like a few so-called bench thingies stuck to the ground, forming a circle.

Like in those TV shows where we can sit on rocks arranged in a circle, and blast our powers and some big explosion of light goes off in the middle of the circle. Lol.

I dunno what I'm crapping about la. =/

The first thing we did after dumping our luggage bags + sleeping bags...


DO STUPID POSES! All of us adopted a different kind of meditation pose and asked someone to snap the photo for us.
See lah Dave (the red shirt one) looked like he had some constipation problem ny. Lol.
My back was facing the cam. Hehee~


My face finally facing the cam. Looked damn retarded.

We brought our own tents there (in our case, we borrowed Kerryn's pastor's tent) and were given time to pitch our own tents before it became dark.


We had problems in pitching the tent and were the last. Lol.
If I'm not mistaken, Jeshua's tent was pitched up the fastest. Make me bengang ny ahahaha.
My first time actually pitching up our own tent, since every other camp I've been to, the tents are already set up for us.
Good experience lah. =)

It was already very dark when we finally pitched up our tent and could actually sit down and relax inside/outside the tent.
And not forgetting, camwhore! XD


Nicole and I


My tent-mates! Anna, me, Yee Yin, Nicole
+ a very busybody Dave =p

Couldn't really get used to the stinking-filled-with-lizard-shit toilet, and the bugs everywhere.
And the fact that the door to the toilet was directly facing the dark dark jungle.
At night, anything could be in there. It was like a dark nothingness, u know? Cannot see anything within it at all. *shudder*
For the first night only lah.
When the last day came, we actually wanted to stay there for a few more days. Laugh out louddddd!!! XD We were becoming jungle people already! =p


Couldn't sleep during the first night.
Sleeping bags were meant to be slept in, right?
But all of us used the sleeping bags as pillows.
On the first night, we dozed off for a while. Then suddenly all of us woke up and started eating Honey Stars which Anna brought. Lolz

Some of the participants were assigned sentry duty; they took turns to keep watch of the campsite.
So while eating Honey Stars we went and disturbed the people who were on sentry duty lah. Then went back to sleep.

And were called to wake up at 5.30am.
And did nothing till 8.30am while the Malays went to pray.
What's the point of disturbing our precious sleep then, huh?

So woke up dy, nvm lah, couldn't get back to sleep.
Weather was nice, lighting was nice, atmosphere was nice
TIME TO CAMWHOREEEEE

Tent-mates! Woohoooo! The best tent-mates ever. And the most GEMPAK. For some reasons lah. That you don't have to know =/

See how nice the lighting was? Made our skin look soooo nice and smooth. Hahaa
That pic was taken bout 7am or slightly later I think.



At the crack of dawn.

Nicole was studying Math (studying during camp?!!!), Anna and I were just butting in to make ourselves look "study-ish" lol. The camp was right after the monthly test, Nic wasn't here during the test and she had to sit for it after the camp.

Our Math teacher is KC. If you guys know KC, then I'm sure you'll be bringing your Math book to study in camp as well. Lol.

She couldn't focus and ended up practising karate moves with Anna for their karate grading.

As the hours went by, as the clocked ticked from 5.30.. to 6.30.. to 7.30... to 8.... We lost our energy, had nothing to do and went to sleep


ZZZzzzzZzzz~

Seeee, the lighting is getting brighter and brighter..Shows how much time had passed by


The late-comers' punishment... Guys: pumping~ And girls: ear-squats!!

I seriously don't remember the activities that were held during the camp.
I know we were taught on how to handle the club lah, how to write formal letter to ask for sponsors and stuff lah, and ... erm. I cannot remember dy lol


The only memories of the camp that stood out was the shock of hearing Kerryn shouting "Watch out!!!!!" and me answering "huh? what what?" and the shock of looking around and seeing this creature just inches away from me

A SCORPION!!!! It could seriously kill any of us wey!!!!!!!!!! Didn't they check the safety of this KEM BESTARI before sending us here?!?!!!

I also remember the snake-killing thing that happened near the girls toilet.
Some people saw a big fat snake and murdered it. Lol. Damn close to nature lah that Kem Bestari.


And monkeys everywhere swinging from tree to tree, peeping at us girls taking our baths aih.
Perverted monkeys.


Do re mi. =p From left: Me, clothes, Nicole, Anna.

We were so bored, we went and posed at the clothes line.


Rawr~ do we look scary to you? Muahahahha *evil laugh*

Lazy to talk bout the camp already la. And since my mum is like behind me nagging away, I'll just upload pics with short captions starting from here. =)


Food was not bad! Me likey


Woah blurness in a yeng way


Spot me spot me!! I'm in front, white shirt with a white cap, beside the guy wearing a red shirt


Mum's nagging is getting wayyyyy too annoying.
I'm outta here!

1 comment:

W'||`3 said...

haha...great pictures to support ur super story...lol....was kinda interesting the scorpion part...haha....take care...