Monday, July 21, 2008

To the overprotective one.

I don't understand what is wrong with my endless outings,
if I can manage to keep my grades up.
If I can balance my studies and my outings, and manage my time well,
score grades which are above average,
then why are you complaining?
I try my best not to overspend your hard-earned money on unnecessary things,
but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have a life.
I don't understand what is wrong with going out with the same guy over and over again,
if that guy is a good guy and can be trusted with my life?
Are you wanting me to go out with a number of different guys instead of only one?
What did you mean by you have to "keep an eye on me", don't you trust me enough?
I may be only seventeen, but trust me, I am not naive anymore.
Just because I've never told you what I've encountered and what I had to deal with in the past years of my life, it does not mean that I've experienced nothing about life.
When oh when are you going to be able to let me spread my wings and fly?
How do you expect me to learn from the consequences of my mistakes when I'm all tied and caged up?




It is so easy to fake a smile.

No comments: