Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Final year

First two days of classes in the new semester are now over.

I'm now in the Professional level of ACCA, which is also my final year, taking 3 papers and doing my Oxford-Brookes degree at the same time.
Many friends have only opted to take 2 papers, or to finish up the degree in the next semester, so their workload this sem will be much less than mine.
It's only been two days and already I've heard countless people including lecturers saying that I should just say goodbye to my social life for the next 6 months, asking us to rethink our choice, basically saying zero positive words about it.
I really don't agree with that sort of generalization.

When I registered for CAT two years ago, countless people told me that it would be very tough and stressful. I got through it okay.
Then they told me that ACCA's Fundamentals level will be much more stressful.
And *cross fingers* I think I got through that okay as well.

What I'm trying to say is that,
You can't tell a person that it's impossible to do 3 papers, or 4, and do the degree at the same time, because it really all depends on that individual's level of commitment, determination and inner spirit. It's not the same for everyone.
So.. STOP bursting the bubble of confidence of people who really think they can do it! Geez.


Anyway, this is the view from my lecture theatre;


It's Sunway Pyramid and Sunway Lagoon!
You can actually see the people albeit so miniscule, playing in the Sunway Surf Pool. (or whatever pool that is)

:)

2 comments:

Siew Mei said...

You can't tell a person that it's impossible to do 3 papers, or 4, and do the degree at the same time, because it really all depends on that individual's level of commitment, determination and inner spirit. It's not the same for everyone.
So.. STOP bursting the bubble of confidence of people who really think they can do it!

I really like what you've said!
:)

Joanne Aw said...

YES I SO LOVE AND AGREE WITH WHAT YOU SAID!!!

Have confidence in yourself in what you can do.
Don't give up, keep on pushing the button!

I registered myself for 2 ATCL Diploma exams (violin and piano) Everyone said I was crazy.
In the end, I passed both.

HAVE FAITH! :)