Thursday, July 1, 2010

Beach!

I've had a great month in Kuantan, it's time to go back to KL on Saturday.
I really don't feel like going back, life's awesome here. :(

Went to Cherating with the gang yesterday.
For those who don't know, it's where Club Med is at :)
We didn't know it was sooo far. Always had the misconception that Cherating is quite near to Kuantan but we were proven wrong, so it became a road trip for us!

Original plan was to fly KITES at the beach, we had four kites among 8 of us.
Yeaaaa I know right, it was super random. It's been years since I last flew a kite, and there we were, flying kites like little children! hahahaha.

I was chatting with Ivan yesterday and he was like "So this is what Kuantan people do during their free time!"
Trust me, we do NOT fly kites during our free time. It was just a spontaneous and fun decision! :p



Anna and Kong. The black one is a Batman kite, the bright-coloured one is a butterfly :)

We had the all-time famous curry mee at our local beach before that, so by the time we got there, the sun was REALLY killing us. It was the 10am+ kinda sun.. well you can imagine. O_O
We gave up after about half an hour, and ended up taking lots of pics in the shade and decided to head to Kemaman for the famous Hai Peng kopitiam :D
ROAD TRIP!!

Spent our morning and afternoon there, then everyone went home to rest for about 2 hours, and off we went for cendol in the evening.
Finally got to meet up with Sarmila who went MIA straight after SPM. It's been, what... 3 years?

It was a great day all in all. Being around awesome friends really made me happy yesterday :)
I LOVE 'EM SO SO SO MUCH <3


And today, mum brought me to the durian orchard to buy durians.
Believe it or not, it was my first time seeing a durian tree in the flesh!


See the durians hanging from the tree?