After being down in the dumps for a day or two, I realised I've been quite happy lately - like SUPER HYPERACTIVELY JUMPING AROUND SQUEEZING PEOPLE AND TALKING LOTS OF SHIT kinda happy - and it's a good, very good thing! :)
Y'know, during days when I feel the super moody blues, I just have to tell myself that life is too short to care about stupid mundane things like how bad my hair is looking today, or how I seem to not ever have nice clothes to wear, or what oh what did I do till I gained that damn 2kg (not that it happened, touchwood), when people across the world have no roofs over their heads, eating scraps of food from the floor, barely surviving through the day with only the barest of bare necessities?
Sometimes I just gotta tell myself that I'm one of the pretty damn lucky ones :)
I have a roof over my head,
I'm surrounded by loving friends and family,
I'm given the opportunity to take up a professional course like ACCA,
I have a bright future ahead of me,
I have no problems getting food and water in my tummy everyday,
I have a car of my own to drive around,
I was brought up to know how to differentiate what's right from wrong,
gosh there are so many!
Sometimes we gotta take life one step at a time, take time off to smell the roses, they say.
People nowadays really have lost the ability to appreciate the simple things in life,
they're getting sucked into a world where nobody really talks to each other anymore, people have no time to just gather and have fun, nobody shows compassion when there really is an old lady on the street who genuinely needs a few dollars to get a cab home, because everyone is fearing for their own safety.
In short, nobody cares anymore.
I vaguely remember writing about this in one (or more) of my previous posts but I can't stress this enough.
Be grateful for the things you have, rather than things that you do NOT have.
Sometimes life is that simple, the complication arises because of you and you alone :)
While you are stuck in a traffic jam, instead of cursing your head off (nobody would hear you anyway unless you have the indecency to wind down the window and curse out loud to the whole world, which if you do in any case, please be reminded that you are a prick and the world does not need you)
take some time off to just breathe, and marvel at these beautiful hues that make up the sky created by God :)
Humans are complex beings.
I know I might be digressing over here, but the way dogs see it, they do not care if you are short, if you are tall, they do not care if you are fat or skinny, or black or white, or if you are a high-flying business person, whether you have autism, or if you are blind/handicapped,
they will still love you unconditionally.
They will still wait for you at your front door and wag their tails excitedly the moment you step in,
they do not choose whom to befriend or whom to unfriend,
they do not turn against you.
As long as you pat him all over, treat him nicely, welcome him into your home, give him his basic needs,
he will be there, loving you unconditionally day in, day out.

I had a dog for close to 9 years and he was unfairly taken away by the MPK (Majlis Perbandaran Kuantan) two years ago and was put to sleep.
Why can't we humans see the world as dogs do?
Why must we care who is Chinese, who is Malay, who is Indian, who is black or who is white?
We managed to land on the moon, we created all sorts of skyscrapers, one taller than another as if in a competition of which country owns the tallest one, we created the phone, the computer, the rockets, the space ships, we created language!
We've done so so much.
We might have brought the world to where it is today, YET, we are ruining it as every single day passes by.
The world in my eyes is slowly taking a backwards step, maybe two or three more if things go on the way they are going now.
Wake up people.
The world needs a change.
WE need to change.
I read this quote somewhere while clicking around.
In just 8 simple words, the author managed to capture the essence of what I've been trying to deliver in all the sentences penned above.
The quote:
Change your thoughts and you change the world.

No comments:
Post a Comment