Saturday, June 27, 2009

Michael Jackson, RIP

After our flight from Milan to London (which was delayed for 3 hours omg), my sis turned on her phone.

Headlines; KING OF POP DIES AT 50.

I did not believe it at first.
After asking our mum on Skype (going on Skype and MSN is free in the UK, how awesome is that), she told us that he died of cardiac arrest.

So it was true.

He was scheduled to perform 50 concerts here in London as his comeback. It was said that the strain of rehearsing continuously contributed to the attack.

I was walking around in Trafalgar Square just hours before this where the people of London were holding a memorial vigil in his name.





I remember way back when I was little, we all often exchanged autograph books among our friends. Under "My favourite singer", I would always write three names; Aaron Carter, Celine Dion and Michael Jackson.

Sis sniggered and asked how I could put Aaron Carter in the same line as Michael Jackson.

He is undoubtedly the king of pop and will always be remembered as that. No one else is quite like him.

Rest in peace, Michael Jackson.

No comments: