Sunday, May 10, 2009

To someone special

Dear Mum,

It's the 10th of May! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY :)

Last year, we were celebrating this day in church with Gurmit Singh haha. This year however, would be a really different one.

With all the things that have been happening, words can't express how grateful I feel to have you as my mum, and to have papa as well.
The phrase "blood is thicker than water" cannot be more well put.
No matter how far away Vern and I are, you still go through all the trouble to keep us close to you. You were willing to forgo over RM3K for me to fly to London and tour France and Italy with Vern next month.

You never knew that a programme called Skype existed, let alone know how to use it until the time came for Vern to leave for London.
Now that she's away, there's GoogleTalk and Skype downloaded into your laptop and you wouldn't miss a chance to say a few words to her online everyday.

You are everything a mother should be.
Though I disagree with you at times, I know that you have my best interests at heart, that you were only looking out for me.
You are always asking both of us to go all out in whatever we do so that we can have a bright future.

You balance your job as a high-ranking schoolteacher, your duties under Yayasan Pahang, our household and everything else in between without a single complaint.
You are one superb mum :)

I chose to type this here as I know you would be reading it :p
It's 2 in the morning now and after a long day, you're fast asleep in my room.
I promise you I will strive for the best in everything I do, because that is the way you and papa brought me up to be. This is the least I could do to repay you for everything you've sacrificed for the both of us.

Not a single person out there can replace you in our lives mummy.



Love from Vern (6587 miles away) & Vin (just outside in the living room).

2 comments:

A Moment in Time said...

My dearest gals,

You are diamonds in my life!
I do not possess any diamonds in my life. To me you are my most precious diamonds.

You make me want to live forever.

I am blessed to be your mummy!!

I LOVE BOTH OF YOU VERY MUCH!

the purpleholic said...

hehehee.. we love you too and i'm very glad you enjoyed reading this. :)